The recording of this meeting is here.
Dr Lambros Bourantas
Medical School National University of Athens,School of Medicine, Athens, Greece.
School 4th High School of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece.
CCST equivalent in Haematology Athens, Greece, 2014
Doctor of Sciences degree Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
(PhD) Univ. Hospital of Ioannina, Greece, 2008
Degree of Medicine University of Athens, Greece, 2003
Membership of Societies:
- General Medical Council, UK, Full Registration (Reg. Nο 609 3925)
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Hellenic Society of Haematology, Greece
- Médecins du Monde, Greece
Post Institution Dates
Locum Department of Haematology, 7th Jan 2019-presen
Consultant Imperial College Healthcare
in Haematology, NHS Trust, London, UK
NHS Trust post
Scientific collaborator, European University September 2017-present
Haematology of Cyprus
Locum Consultant in Haematology, November 2015 to December 2018
Lister Hospital, ENH NHS Trust
Tameside Hospital, Manchester
Diana Princes of Wales Hospital, North Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust
Training in Internal Medicine/Haematology
Hematology Department of Haematology, Jan 2012-June 2014
SpR, Hammersmith Hospital,
Clinical Fellow Imperial College, NHS Trust,
Hematology Department of Haematology, Mar 2009-Dec 2011
Fellow in University Hospital of Ioannina,
Clinical 401 Military Hospital of May 2007-Feb 2009
Fellow Athens, Greece
Awards and Prizes
Poster Award: E. Hatzimichael, L.K. Bourantas, M. Bai, S. Kamina, P. Kanavaros, N.I. Agnanti, K. L. Bourantas. Investigation of transfers of the MML gene in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes using Florescence in Situ Hybridisation (FISH). 2nd Panepirotic Medical Congress, Ioannina, Greece, 10-12 October, 2002.
Publications in International Journals
- A Fatal Case of Chronic Active EBV infection. Mehta D, Deplano S, Olavarria E, Gaur P, Bourantas L. Annals of Hematology and Oncology (accepted, awaiting publication)
- Immune Thombocytopenia: a review in diagnosis and treatment, and
update in managementduring COVID19 pandemic. Kelly Magounaki,
L.K. Bourantas. Acta Haematologica (accepted, awaiting publication)
- Daraki A, L.K. Bourantas, Manola KN. Translocation t(5;18)(q35;q21) as a rare nonrandom abnormality in acute myeloid leukemia. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2013;139(4):289-9
- L.K. Bourantas, Pappas G, Kapsali E, Gougopoulou D, Papamichail D, Bourantas KL. Brucellosis-induced autoimmune haemolytic anemia treated with rituximab. Ann Pharmacother. 2010 Oct;44(10):1677-80.
- Tsiara SN, Chaidos A, L.K. Bourantas, Kapsali HD, Bourantas KL. Recombinant human erythropoietin for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis. Acta Hematol 2007; 117(3):156-61.
- L.K. Bourantas, Chatzikyriakidou A, Dassoula A, Syrou M, Bourantas KL,Georgiou I. Absence of mutations of the EPO-receptor gene in Greek patients with familiar polycythemia. Eur. J. Haematol. 2006 Jun;76(6):537-8.
- L.K. Bourantas Diagnosis and management of HLH Guidelines. Haematology Department, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK. 28th October 2020.
- L.K. Bourantas Investigation of Anemia. Haematology Department, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK. 19th August 2020.
- L.K. Bourantas Investigation of Anemia. Haematology Department, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK. 1st October 2020.
- L.K. Bourantas Management of Sickle Cell Disease. Lister Hospital, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, UK. 16th May 2017.
- L.K. Bourantas Actual management of acute and chronic Graft-versus-Host disease. Hospital de Especialidades Puebla, Mexico. 7th August 2009.
- L.K. Bourantas: Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders. Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, London. UK. 8th July 2005.
S. J. Theodorou, D. J. Theodorou, L.K. Bourantas, M. Mastora, V. Kaloutsi, N. Akritidis, K. Gossios, E. Briassoulis, K. Tsiabouras. Primary bone lymphoma : imaging manistefations of haematological malignancy with pathologic correlation. Annual joint radiological congres. Manchester, UK, 25-27 June 2012.
L.K. Bourantas, A. Chatzikyriakidou, K. Panteli, M. Bai, D.K. Bourantas, St. Tsiara, I. Georgiou, K.L. Bourantas. JAK2 V617F mutation and VEGF levels in patients with myeloproliferative disorders. 12th Congress of the European Hematology Association. Vienna, Austria, 7-10 June 2007.
E. Hatzimichael, A. Vassou, L. Benetatos,, L.Κ. Bourantas, St. Tsiara, E. Kapsali, K.L. Bourantas, Safety and efficacy of a combination regimen containing pentostatin, chloramucil and methylprednisolone in elderly patients with progressing chronic lymphocytic leukemia. 11th Congress of the European Hematology Association, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 15-1June, 2006.
L.Κ. Bourantas, A. Chatzikyriakidou, A. Dasoula, E. Hatzimichael, St. Tsiara, M. Syrrou, K.L. Bourantas. I. Georgiou. Epo-R mutations in familial congenital polycythemia vera. 11th Congress of the European Hematology Association, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 15-18 June, 2006.
K. Panteli, M. Bai, N. Zagorianakou, L.K. Bourantas, E. Hatzimichael, K.L. Bourantas. VEGF serum levels and VEGF bone marrow immunohistochemical expression in chromic myeloproliferative disorders. 11th Congress of the European Hematology Association, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 15-18 June, 2006.
M. Gouva, D. Damigos, A. Katsouda, P. Karamanos, P. Bouranta, L.K. Bourantas, A. Chaidos, V. Alymara, A. Vassou, V. Mavreas, K.L. Bourantas. Anxiety in Acute Leukemia. Balkan Conference of young scientists. Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 16-18 June, 2005.
K. L. Bourantas, St. Tsiara, V. Alymara, A, Chaidos, E. Kapsali, K. Papanikoaou, L.K. Bourantas, L. Christou, E. Tzouvara. Treatment of anemia in idiopathic myelofibrosis using erythropoietin. 7th Meeting of the European Hematology Association. Florence, Italy, 6-9 June, 2002.